March 05, 2012

The Weekend

We had so much fun this weekend.
Lot and lots of time with family.

Friday night.
Dinner.
The Keeper of the Plains.
Dessert.We put together an album for Mom and Dad.
Just a little story of their life.
And we each wrote a little message to them.

I had to break into their house a couple of times.
To find pictures for it.
I thumbed through 40 years of pictures.
That takes awhile.
But brought back some great memories.

The 7 grandkids.
My brother and sis-in-law.
The Keeper.We had a hotel for Mom and Dad Friday night.
The rest of us went home.
And swapped some cousins around for sleepovers.
Then back to do more with Mom and Dad the next morning.

Saturday.
Bowling.
Lunch.
A little museum.Jobie was the funniest to watch.
He is soo competitive.After he would roll the ball,
he would go stand by the ball return and watch.
It sometimes took a LONG time.
For the ball to reach the pins.He would jump up and down.
Hands in the air.
When he knocked down pins.
If he missed.
Look out.
He was frustrated.
We let my parents have the actual evening
of their anniversary
(Saturday night)
to themselves.

Hope they had a good time.
We sure did.
Saturday evening, Brookelynn kept saying:
That was so much fun.

Sunday.
Church.
And lunch with Ryan's family.
7 grandkids there too.
(Brookie is the only girl.)
But in June that number will be 8!
I'm going to be an aunt again!
Ryan's youngest brother and his wife.
Kid #3 coming.

Brookie with the current youngest.
Great weekend.
I'm so thankful for all of my family.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a wonderful weekend! What a wonderful family! (I LOVE bowling with your boys. It makes me super happy!)