September 18, 2012

Choose to Find the Pretty

My emotions are whacked.
I have cried more in the last couple of months
than in my entire life, I think.

Too many changes and decisions.
My kids growing up.
Friends moving away.
Church difficulties.

It's all seemed to come at once.
And I don't like it.

But...
I know God's timing is perfect.

And...
I know He is in control.

That's what I'm holding on to.

I tell my kids all the time that their behavior,
or how they respond to something or someone,
is a choice.
THEIR choice.

So I'm trying to choose joy, peace.
I'm trying not to let all of these yucky things
make me yucky to others.

It's hard.
But when I'm intentional about it
and seek the Lord's guidance,
I feel so much better.
And hopefully I'm a nicer person to be around.

So, yah, that's where I'm at right now.
Life is just hard sometimes.
I'm choosing to find the pretty in things.



4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Sometimes it comes so easily, and sometimes it takes work. But it's always there, if we look hard enough!

Amy said...

I'm sorry life is hard right now. I get it, though. Hang in there, my friend!!

Danielle said...

You're definitely one of the "pretty things" in my life! Thanks for being such a sweet, honest and uplifting friend. I appreciate your honesty and candidness, even when it's hard. Love you!

Melissa Flaming said...

If there is one thing Jarrod and I understand it's hard times; trials. We heard something very sad, but true this year that we're trying to be aware of when we see others who are going through their trials:
"Pain is relative. When it's someone else's pain it's like, 'Get over it.' When it's your own pain, it's very real." This is because pain makes others uncomfortable.
I want you to know that I can feel your hurting heart, and I am sorry. Thank you for your honesty.
Hugs to you and your sweet family.