January 11, 2013

Jake's Dream

For many years Jakie has had a dream.
A dream of going to a KU basketball game.
On Sunday, that dream was finally fulfilled.
And to sweeten the dream,
It was just him and his dad.
No brothers, no sister, no mom.
Although, I would like to think it would have been ok
if I had been along.

When Ryan sent this picture to me that day,
I teared up.
I could tell he was just soaking it all in.

They stayed for two hours after the game was over.
He got nearly all of the players' signatures.
Plus pictures with them.
Young.
Johnson.
Jake said he had rap music playing.
Very loudly on those beats.

A little fuzzy.
But this is his favorite player.
Releford.
The same one who signed his ipod touch.
So glad he got to go.

So thankful for a daddy
who takes the time to make his boy feel special.
And to fulfill his boy's small dream.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yeah, I teared up too. What a great, great memory!!