March 14, 2009

Determined Ezzie

So, we've had two things to help Ezra get over.

1. the bear blankie
This went bye-bye the day he turned 4. He never complained. He just told me the night before his birthday, as I was tucking him in bed, "Mommy, I don't want to turn 4.

2. the two fingers
I don't know what prompted this, but on Wednesday I told Ezzie if he would quit sucking his fingers, Mommy and Daddy would buy him some new Playmobile pirate stuff (he got several Playmobile pirate toys for Christmas and is always asking for more). He took his fingers out of his mouth, said okay and never looked back.
The decision apparently wore him out. A little later he was asleep in our bed. He hasn't truly taken a nap for 2 years. I thought he was going to try to sneak his fingers in his mouth while he was "napping." But, when I went to check on him, I found him sleeping peacefully with his hand tucked under his head.

Ezra has done such a great job. So today we rewarded him with his new pirate toy. It cost us a little more than we thought it would, but look at that sweet boy. How could we resist?

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a doll! Way to use those bribes. :)