March 25, 2009

Something's Gotta Give

With soccer practice taking place 3 times a week from 5:00 to 6:30, supper can become a challenge. I usually stay at practice and let the other kids play at the park (or in the car if the weather is yucky--that could be another post). Then I grab a chance to read a book or have an adult conversation with other parents.

It can be tempting to run thru a drive-thru after practice if I don't have something prepared at home. So this is what was waiting for us last night:

chicken and rice soup
cornbread
veggies with lemon dill dip
grapes
And, I might add, the table was even set

But, something's gotta give.
carnage in the family room
And, shortly before 5:00, I realized that I had yet to take a shower. Yep. That's how together I am. Don't ask me how that happened; it just did. So this is how the other soccer parents saw me:
Glamorous, huh? My hubby must be so proud.
And, now, I think I'll go take a shower...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had creamy chicken & rice soup last night. You & I must have been on the same wave length. The no-shower baseball cap solution is a favorite of mine. =]

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Carnage? You call that carnage?! Ha! That's carnage for wimps. I'll show you the real deal sometime.

;-)

Amy said...

My thoughts exactly, Beki... you call that carnage. Come look at my living room sometime. (or dining room, or toy room) And I only have 2 kids!

(Lawson just said this morning, "I hope Lilly or Leah gets sick soon so I can go to Miss Gina's!) :)

rentz said...

Okay, okay ladies! This definitely isn't the worst it's ever been. I had just cleaned it up earlier in the day, so that's what prompted the irritation.

I promise I'll "redeem" myself in a future post. Then you'll be sorry!