October 27, 2009

Cookies

I just have to say this.
Before I do this post.
That I love this little boy.
He is watching Emperor's New Groove.
For the 3rd, 4th, 5th time within a week?
He is giggling like he's never seen it before.
So cute.
Okay.
So here is a cookie recipe that my kids love.
It is easy, yummy and quick.
Not counting the time it takes to chill the dough.
Which I don't always do.
Cuz it's usually 2:45
when I think about an afternoon snack for the kids.
Who get home at 3:15.
S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G.

Chocolate Waffle Iron Cookies
1 square baking chocolate (or 3 T. cocoa and 1 T. margarine)
1/2 c. margarine
2 eggs
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt and stir together chocolate and margarine. Beat in eggs. Add sugar. Fold in flour and vanilla. Chill dough. Put 1 heaping teaspoon of dough in each quarter of a greased waffle iron and bake 1 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove with a fork. Frost with chocolate butter frosting. Makes around 2 dozen cookies.
I rarely have the baking chocolate squares.
Almost always use the substitute.
And I never sift the flour.
May be wrong.
But seriously.
Who has time?
Oh, and I nearly always double it.
2 dozen cookies does not last long enough.

Pretty tasty.
And after they are frosted they look like
little chocolate turtles.
So much fun.

3 comments:

ShellyStout said...

YUMMMO! I guess i will be putting a waffle iron on my Christmas list!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yeahhhh.... I'm gonna need to try one of those.

LDWatkins said...

4am, can't sleep, found your blog and those cookies....breakfast here I come! THey look wonderful!