January 19, 2010

Yumminess

I seem to be cooking/baking more lately.
And trying lots of new things.
Either a recipe I have never tried.
Or one I created.

I find myself making things and thinking,
Ohhh, I need to put that on the blog.
That's been happening at least every other day or so.
So, if you are sick of recipes,
stop reading now.
You'll be sorry though.
'Cuz this one is too good to pass up.

Unlike anything I said above,
it's not a recipe I have never tried.
Or one I created.
Just one I've had for a good, long time.
Fudge Brownie Pie

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
ice cream
hot fudge sauce (recipe follows)

Beat eggs in small mixer bowl; blend in sugar and melted butter. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into lightly greased 8 in. pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until almost set (pie will not test done). Cool; cut into wedges. Serve topped with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

Hot Fudge Sauce

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar and cocoa in small saucepan; blend in evaporated milk and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
There is some gooey brownie under all that ice cream.
Mmm, mmm good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think that is on my diet - however it looks sooooooo good.

Cleta