February 09, 2010

Valentine Filling

Or any other time you want
a super yummy cream filling recipe.
4 T. butter
1/4 c. shortening
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 -1/2 tsp. raspberry extract

In a medium bowl, mix butter and shortening at low speed, gradually beat in powdered sugar and extracts until blended.

Oh, and I also added a drop of red food coloring.
I put mine in between two pizzelle cookies.
And called them sandwich cookies.
I had nine kids at my house the day I made these.
7 of them boys.
They didn't even complain about the pink filling.
I think they each had three sandwiches.
Must have been good.
I think next time I'll try rolling the pizzelles.
And pipe the cream filling in the middle.
My mouth is watering thinking about it.
This stuff was good.
Down to the last lick in the bowl.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

yumo! i have never tried any filling with raspberry extract - great idea!!