March 25, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I cleaned my wood and tile floors today.
Oh, plus the baseboards.
On my hands and knees.

Don't get all excited.
Not trying to brag.
We've lived here nearly two years.
This has never happened yet.

Sweep?
Everyday.
Swiffer?
Sometimes.
Spot clean?
Umm...I have 4 kids.

But sometimes nothing works like
scrubbing on your hands and knees.
It's sad.
But true.
Today I forced myself to do just that.

Here were my thoughts as I was scrubbing.

1)I love pandora.
Don't laugh at me.
I just joined.
Listened to it while I scrubbed.

2)This is wearing me out.
I am wimpy.
And out of shape.

3)Considering calling Super Nanny.
Really.
Kid #4 is testing, testing, testing.
On top of that,
we're working on Mission Impossible:
Potty Training.

4)Are dried ketchup and super glue
made of the same ingredients?

5)I want to quit.

6)Pretty sure my back will be killing me tomorrow.

7)Have to wear a shorter skirt to church Sunday.
My knees will look like I've been praying hard all week.
That'll impress everyone.

8)Wait a minute...
But that means I will also have to shave my legs.
Nevermind.

9)How soon will I be yelling at my kids because:
I JUST cleaned the floors!
Probably as soon as they get home from school.
And eat a snack.
And walk all around the house.
And drop crumbs everywhere.

10)Would Super Nanny frown on
the lack of structure in our snacking?

11)If the boys ask one more time:
Mommy, are you done yet?...
Does it look like I'm done?

12)Sure wish the phone would ring.

13)Am I done yet?

Deep thoughts.
By gina entz.

3 comments:

The Bohrer's said...

I just finished scrubbing my kitchen floor on my hands and knees. Ugh! But, the positive is that the kids are already in bed, so the floor will be clean until morning! GO K-STATE!

Tony said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh...I do the floors on my hands and knees once a week...its such a pain! Oh and btw my name is Gina and I have a son Ezra...interesting :)
Gina

rentz said...

Wow! Once a week. I am impressed. My knees hurt so bad today...maybe they toughen up after awhile? Cool about the names.We really had to think long about naming him Ezra, but I LOVE it now!