July 07, 2010

Jakie's Surprise

Friday we had a surprise birthday party for Jake.
Brookie kept him busy downstairs playing wii.
While I got everything ready upstairs.
Three friends snuck into the house.
Then I called Jake upstairs.
He was dogpiled by his friends at the top of the stairs.
(Yes, we are still working on construction)
He is slightly claustrophobic.
He did not really appreciate that at all.
His friend on the right is a Nebraska fan.
Can you imagine?
He put a Nebraska sticker on the wrapping paper.
And Nebraska stickers on the KU wall hangings inside the gift.

Clearly, Brookelynn is just enduring this.
She looked at me several times and just rolled her eyes.
She's so mature.
A whole year older than these boys.
But the little boys are having a great time.
After supper, I passed the boys off to Ryan.
He took them to a local arena football game.
Those pops were $4 each!
Half the cost of their tickets.
I hope they enjoyed them.



Celebrating a touchdown.
Ryan must have been excited too, the pic is so blurry.
After the game the boys got to meet the players.
This one just makes me laugh.
I think Jakie looks so cute.
And slightly uncomfortable.
They came back to the house for root beer floats.
Apparently Ryan felt he had spent enough time with them.
So I had the privilege of taking them all home.
Ten year old boys have the strangest conversations.
That's all I will say about that.

Love you, buddy!
It was fun planning this for you.

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

I REALLY liked the earphones (or headphones) on your little guy in your 4th of July pics...Too CUTE!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That is so sweet!! I love that you did that for him.

What a lucky kid. And pretty darn cute too. How do you feel about arranged marriages? Cuz I have a 10 year old daughter...