December 28, 2010

Twelve

It's hard to believe that 12 years ago today
I was experiencing my first day as a mother.
My first day with my daughter.

My first time.
To see her adorable face.
To hear her tiny cry.
To touch her little hands and feet.
To hold her.
To kiss her.
To snuggle my nose against hers.

We did not know if we were having a boy or a girl.
But I REALLY wanted a girl.
REALLY, REALLY wanted a girl.

She made us wait 8 days past her due date.

She was worth the wait.She's never been girly.
And, even though she still prefers
hoodies, tees and "sports" pants or shorts,
she's a beauty.Now I've been a mother for many days.
I don't know if I'm any better now than I was then.
I still have so much to learn.
But one thing I'm sure of:
I REALLY love this girl.
REALLY, REALLY love her.Happy birthday, Brookie!
My prayer for you,
as the days and years inevitably pass,
is that you remain even more beautiful on the inside
than you are on the outside.

2 comments:

Amy said...

If either one of my girls would turn out even just a tiny bit like Brookie... I would be a happy momma. Happy Birthday, Brookie!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You made me cry! Happy birthday to your beauty.