January 11, 2012

Idea for Supper

This is a good one.
So easy to adapt for the size of your family.
And super, super easy.
My momma has made it for years.

1) Cut boneless pork ribs into chunks.
(A little pricey, but so worth it.
I always wait until it's on sale.
Buy enough for several meals.
And freeze it.)

Put in a pan with enough water to cover pork.
Salt and pepper, if desired.
Bring to a boil.
Then cover and simmer for 1 hr.2) Drain and transfer meat to baking pan.
(I made about 2 1/2 lbs. this time.)3) Get your favorite bbq sauce and pour over meat.
(I used only one of these bottles.)We think the original KC Masterpiece is the yummiest.
It's a little spicy for little kids.
But I just rinsed the meat off for Jobe.
And he gobbled it right up.
The other kids thought that was really gross.

Oh, and I got a great deal on the bbq sauce.
We have a little grocery store in town.
They have out of date things.
Or damaged goods.
Often half the price or less than normal.
I saw nothing wrong with the bbq sauce.
It didn't even have an expired date.
So I snatched up several bottles.
Score!4) Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.
(I think the most important part is to cover it.)Watch your family gobble it up.
I even had enough left over for Ryan's lunch the next day.
Bonus!We always eat a cheesy potato casserole with this.
Can't ever go wrong with that.
Throw it together while the pork is simmering.
Then put the meat and potatoes in the oven at the same time.
And tada!
In another hour your meal is done.Corn on the cob is super good with this too.
Especially in the summer.
But this time we had frozen corn.

I called my parents after I got this in the oven.
My mom had just put their supper in the oven too.
The same thing.
Scary how we think alike sometimes.

2 comments:

Chad and Jody said...

wow, that looks yummy! We're totally eating that soon. I might try Megan Duerksen's potatoes she posted last week with it. yum.

The Bohrer's said...

I just made this meal tonight! Everyone loved it. Isaac told me it was the best meal I had ever made. Thanks for the idea! :)