August 21, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

In addition to reading a classic every summer,
I also read the book of Esther for my devotions.
It's amazing to me that each summer as I read
I learn something new.
Or was reminded of something
that was lost in the recesses of my mind.
I never tire of reading it.
God's Word never grows old.

Even though the name of God is never mentioned in the book,
it's obvious that the entire life of Esther is being orchestrated by God.
God, in heaven above, is in control.
All the time.
Even when things seem completely out of control.

As I was reading, a verse from Isaiah came to mind.
From one of my most favorite chapters of the Bible.

Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circles of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

God's fingerprints were evident in the life of Esther.
They are evident in my life.
And they are evident in yours.
Take some time to think about.
You'll see His hand in everything.
Everything.
The good.
The bad.
Even the ugly... for example, pre-teen angst.

Each week pamperingbeki hosts Fingerprint Friday and uses a song by Steven Curtis Chapman as a springboard. Join in. It's a great way to be reminded of God's love.

4 comments:

artsyclay said...

Wonderful post! Amen!
Blessings to you on this Fingerprint Friday ~*~

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Amen!

littlebird said...

Lovely photo : )

Rebekah said...

Thank you for the good reminder - I always need to hear this!