August 11, 2009

More Chocolate

Once upon a time.
I wasn't crazy about chocolate.
I liked it okay.
It just wasn't a favorite.
Apparently, things have changed.

But it needs to be dark chocolate.
Expensive dark chocolate.
Don't give me the milk chocolate.
Unless it has nuts in it.
Then I can tolerate it.

These little gems are $4.
For this little tiny box.
And these little tiny pearls.

My friend got me hooked.
She gave me the plain dark chocolate pearls
for Christmas one year.
Then a week or so ago I found
the mandarin orange beauties.
Of course, I had to buy them.
They fit great in a purse or diaper bag.
And then, when you've been shopping.
All day.
With the kids.
Remember these little treasures.
Pop one or two in your mouth.
And let the whining melt away.
For a few seconds anyway.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Dark chocolate with orange is one of the great wonders in this world. REALLY dark chocolate. :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

See, I knew I liked you for a reason. I LOVE good dark chocolate.

I have my own stash of "mommy" chocolate. The rest of the family gets M&M's or something nasty. I'm a total chocolate snob.

Beth said...

Oh my gosh! I've had the dark chocolate ones and loved them, but can rarely justify $4 for that cute little tin :) But the mandarin ones??? I've got to find them and try them!!!