April 23, 2010

Fingerprint Friday

Ezra brought these weeds flowers to me the other day.
I had just mopped my floors.
Roots, dirt, dead leaves were attached.
Dropping all over the floor.
The clean floor.
He was holding them up above his head.
Beaming.
So proud to bring his mommy a present.
We cleaned them up.
Put them in a cute little vase.
Set them out.
And they actually looked pretty. It reminded me of bringing myself before Christ.
I come to Him with all my roots, dirt and dead leaves.
Dropping them all over His thrown room floor.
His pristine thrown room floor.
Yet somehow He sees beauty in me.
He cleans me up.
He sets me out.
He uses me for His glory.
All because He loves me.
What grace!

Ephesians 2:4&5
But because of His great love for us,
God, who is rich in mercy,
made us alive with Christ
even when we were dead in transgressions-
it is by grace you have been saved.

Each week Beki at therustedchain hosts Fingerprint Friday and uses a song by Steven Curtis Chapman as a springboard. Join in. It's a great way to be reminded of God's presence.

5 comments:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

This is truly beautiful. THIS is what it's all about!!! xoxoxoxo

Rosebud Collection said...

This is so touching..I remember when the girls would pick weeds for us. Always loved them too..
Have to admit, his flowers were very pretty..
Happy Fingerprint Friday.

Rosebud Collection said...

I wanted to say..he is a darling too..Sometimes I type too fast..

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for this reminder. God is working through beautiful words like these, to remind me what it's all about!

Blogger said...

Swag Bucks is the number 1 get-paid-to site.