May 07, 2010

Fingerprint Friday

It's good and bad.
Brookie is growing up.
She's more and more becoming a young lady.
Rather than a little girl.

She is kind.
Intelligent.
Athletic.
Grateful.
Sensitive.
Artistic.
Beautiful.A part of me will miss the little girl in her.
But I'm excited to see what the future holds for her.

God's fingerprints are all over this girl.

As she enters middle school next school year,
this is the verse I will be praying for her.
It's the perfect combination of
praying that she will grow closer to Jesus,
while giving God the praise for her life
and who she will become as she follows Him.

I Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever!

Each week Beki at therustedchain hosts Fingerprint Friday and uses a song by Steven Curtis Chapman as a springboard. Join in. It's a great way to be reminded of God's presence.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Visiting through Beki's blog!

Beautiful post, I have saved that verse to use for my own girls one day. I'm sure I've read it before but it takes on new meaning when it applies to your children.

Brownie said...

I found your blog while "blog browsing." So glad I did. Beautiful blogging - beautiful children.

My 5 yr old boy doesn't like to keep his clothes on either. Fortunately we live in the country. Although a farmer on a tractor got a good laugh last summer.

Sew Gracious said...

What a lovely fingerprint & beautiful verse/prayer for your young lady. :)

Michele said...

But you just had her! :) I remember you bringing her to our home ec class! She is so beautiful, and I know she will be a great woman of God just like her mom.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This is so perfect.

Happy Mother's Day to you!!