May 18, 2010

Tip of the Day

I cleaned out my fridge yesterday.
There's a fun job.
I always find things I don't remember making.
Of course, that could be due to the fact that
they have a little bit of mold growing on them.
Unrecognizable.

So, here's my tip.
Be thrifty.
Or Mennonite-ish.
Or whatever your term is.
Save those empty sour cream and butter tubs.
Put your leftover food in those.
Then when you find that leftover food.
Growing in your fridge.
Months later.
(Don't laugh.
This is not really an exaggeration.)

You simply toss the whole tub away.
No guilt.Just don't think about the fact that
it is very unthrifty to throw out all that uneaten food.

3 comments:

woolies said...

Ha! :)

I do try to be Mennonite-ish. My husband doesn't. It's a battle.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I could wear my long dresses with socks and tennis shoes... That's Mennonite-ish, right?

Sara said...

seriously....I wish I was better at this as well...
I am notorious for not WANTING to eat the leftovers...