October 12, 2010

What's for Supper

First, I have to say:
I am typing this with one hand.
So I can clean.
The mixing bowl of chocolate chip oatmeal cookie batter.
With my finger.
There are benefits to making cookies.
While the kids are at school.
And the youngest is napping.

As I finished the above paragraph,
I lloked at the clock.
2:57.
I've been spoiled in recent years.
The older kids can walk home themselves.
So I keep forgetting about getting Ezzie at 3:00.
Snatch Jobie out of bed.
Run to the car.
I hate driving to school.
We live so close.
But I was not about to carry Jobe the whole way.

So when I started this post,
I was eating cookie dough.
This was the picture I had uploaded
of the some ingredients I was going to use.
For supper tonight.I've changed my mind.

Ryan is now going to be late.
Lara is now going to a soccer game.
Brookie is heading to the big city for soccer practice.
3 of my 7 family members won't be here.
Losing nearly half my family at supper
makes me rethink my plans.
That will all be for tomorrow night now.
Meatloaf.
Cheesy potatoes.
Corn.
Maybe I'll even make some rolls or something.

But now what's for supper tonight?
The question that plagues me every day.
Well...except for tomorrow.

What have you all made recently?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you've gotten lots of ideas? Ok, I've made a couple of recipes from Meg's blog (www.megduerksen.typepad.com) recently, Cheesy Potato Soup (everyone ate it and liked it), and Crescent Chicken (I liked it, everyone else was non-commital). A favorite of mine is what I call chicken stir fry. Marinate diced raw chicken in 1 c. soy sauce, 1 c. water, 1 T. lemon juice, 2 T. brown sugar, 1 T. oil, Garlic to taste. The longer it's in the marinade the better. at least a couple of hours, 8 or overnight is best. Then cook the chicken in a skillet about 7-10 minutes til cooked through. Add a box of instant brown rice, use the marinade for the liquid needed, add raw baby carrots and a package of frozen broccoli florets (or snow peas, or whatever veggies your family will eat). Cover and cook on med-low heat for about 20 minutes.

rentz said...

Thanks for the idea, Beth! That sounds yummy! I've tried the crescent chicken too. Unfortunately, my family wasn't crazy about it either. I'll be trying your recipe soon!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm gonna need whatever recipe you were making with potatoes, cheese, and green chilies.

Those are some of my favorite things ever.

From my own blog, these are family favorites that even my kids will eat.
Sausage Hashbrown casserole - http://www.blog.therustedchain.com/2010/02/sausage-hashbrown-goodness.html

Corn casserole - http://www.blog.therustedchain.com/2009/03/tasty-tuesday.html

Pasta E. Fagioli soup -
http://www.blog.therustedchain.com/2008/11/time-for-soup.html